This topic describes what you need to prepare before migration.
Kingsoft Standard Storage Service (KS3)
- Estimate the amount of data to be migrated.
Estimate the size and number of files to be migrated. In the Kingsoft Cloud console, navigate to the My Buckets page, click the name of a bucket to be migrated, and then check the size and number of objects (files).Note To ensure a successful migration, you must enter an appropriate size and number of files when creating a migration job.
- Manage credentials.
In the Kingsoft Cloud console, chooseto view the AccessKey ID or create new credentials. If you create a new AccessKey ID and Secret Key, you must store the Secret Key to an on-premises file.
Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
- Create an OSS bucket
Create a destination OSS bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create a bucket.
- Create and authorize a RAM user
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- Select Console Password Logon and Programmatic Access, and then enter the required RAM user information.
- Click OK to save the generated RAM username, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey Secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions to grant the OSS read/write permission (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and Data Transport management permission (AliyunMGWFullAccess) to the RAM user. The following figure shows the authorization page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Overview, click the link in the RAM user logon section, and enter the username and password of the new RAM user to log on to the console.