This topic describes how to prepare for a migration job.
Estimate the amount of data
Restore the data in the bucket
- Before you create a source data address and a migration job, make sure that you have restored the Archive files.
- The time required to restore Archive files depends on the amount of data. Therefore, you must estimate and specify a restoration duration so that data does not enter the frozen state.
- Data retrieval fees are incurred when you restore Archive files. For information about billing methods, contact OSS.
Create a destination OSS bucket
Create a destination OSS bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create a bucket.
Create and authorize a RAM user
- Log on to the RAM console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Create User page, select Console Password Logon and Programmatic Access, and then enter the required RAM user information.
- Save the generated account, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions in the Actions column. Grant the read and write permissions on OSS (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and the management permissions on Data Online Transport (AliyunMGWFullAccess) to the RAM user.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . On the RAM User Logon page, log on to the official website of Alibaba Cloud as a RAM user.