This topic describes common alarm problems.
In the Create Alarm dialog box, enter the alarm name, configure the alarm rule, and select the application site, type, dimension, and alarm notification mode and receiver.
Dimension: indicates the dataset dimension you configure, which can be set to Traverse or Unavailable.
Traverse: The dimension content actually triggering the alarm is displayed in the alarm content.
Unavailable: The alarm content displays the sum of all values of the dimension.
Last N Minutes: The system determines whether the data results in the last N minutes meet the trigger condition.
Month-on-Month Increase/Decrease: The system compares the current alarm request data with the data N minutes ago.
The ARMS data alarm is a round-robin alarm. A new alarm takes effect within 10 minutes. The alarm has a delay of 1 to 3 minutes.
In the Create Alarm dialog box, click Advanced Configuration. In the Advanced Configuration area, complete the configuration.
- Mute Alarms: You can turn the alarm on or off.
- On: If data remains in triggering state, the second alarm is sent 24 hours after the alarm is triggered for the first time. When alarm data returns to the triggering state, a short message is received indicating that the alarm has been restored. If alarm data triggers the alarm again, the system sends the alarm again.
- Off: If the alarm is continuously triggered, the system sends the alarm every minute.
Alarm data revision policy: You can select the Zero Fill, One Fill, or Null Fill (default).
Data revision policy for data exception points:
Exception 1: No data
When alarm detection is executed, the data received by the user is empty. For example, when no applications are connected for application monitoring or applications are connected but no exception occurs, exception data is detected. When no applications are connected for browser monitoring or applications are connected but no exception occurs, abnormal metrics are detected. No data exists in the custom monitoring dataset.
- Zero fill: During alarm detection, the data value is fixed to 0.
- One fill: During alarm detection, the data value is fixed to 1.
- Null fill: The alarm is not triggered.
Exception 2: Abnormal compound metrics
When alarm detection is executed, compound expression metrics are abnormal. For example, the denominator is 0.
- Zero fill: During alarm detection, the result data value of the entire compound expression is fixed to 0.
- One fill: During alarm detection, the result data value of the entire compound expression is fixed to 1.
- Null fill: The alarm is not triggered.
Exception 3: Month-on-month or month-to-month increase or decrease in metrics
When the system determines that the data value increases or decreases on a month-on-month or month-to-month basis, no data value is available at a time point or the sign of the previous value is different from the sign of the current value.
Zero fill: During alarm detection, the result data value of the entire compound formula (increase or decrease %) is fixed to 0.
Note: It is applicable to scenarios where data is arranged continuously or users pay attention to data values (increase or decrease %).
One fill: During alarm detection, the result data value of the entire compound expression (increase or decrease %) is fixed to 100 (value unavailable > value available: increase of 100%; value available > value unavailable: decrease of 100%).
Note: This is applicable to scenarios where the system determines whether data is available. For example, data suddenly appears or suddenly decreases to zero.
Null fill: The alarm is not triggered.
Note: This is applicable to scenarios where data frequently fluctuates or users only pay attention to continuous data rather than decrease to zero (similar to zero fill).
Alarm severity: includes Warning, Error, and Critical.
- Notification time: indicates the notification time when the alarm is sent. No alarm notification is sent out of this time period, but alarm events are recorded.
- Notification content: indicates custom alarm notification content. Currently, only variables in the default template are supported.