This topic describes how to import scaling configurations of a scaling group to another scaling group. This improves the efficiency in creating scaling configurations.
- The two scaling groups have the same network type.
- The two scaling groups are in the same VPC if their network type is VPC.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- You can use either of the following methods to open the details page of a scaling
- In the Scaling Group Name/ID column, click a scaling group name.
- Click Manage in the Actions column corresponding to a scaling group.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instance Configuration Source.
- Click Import.
- Click Select File. Navigate to and select the target .csv file to be imported.
- Select the scaling configurations to be imported in the Preview section and click
You can add a suffix to the names of the scaling configurations to be imported. This prevents name conflicts when existing scaling configurations in the destination scaling group use the same names as the scaling configurations to be imported.Note If you cannot select the scaling configurations in the Preview section, the possible cause is that the source and destination scaling groups have different network types or are not in the same VPC. Check the network types of the source and destination scaling groups.
- Check the result of importing the scaling configurations and click OK.