If you choose the standby mode when you purchase a device, you can quickly switch to the standby device when the active device fails.
- Make sure that you select the Active/Standby mode when purchasing the device.
- Make sure the device configurations are the same for both devices.
- Log on to the Smart Access Gateway console.
- On the SAG page, find the target instance and click the ID of the instance.
- In the High-Availability Configurations area, click the Switch option of the standby gateway device.
Note For SAG-100WM Smart Access Gateway devices, after you switch to the standby device on the console, you must also connect the WAN port of the on-premises gateway device to the Internet.