You can use a query control to query data based on a numeric field.
Scenario: Query provinces and cities with whose profits are within the range from USD 2,500 to USD 4,500. In this example, the company_sales_record dataset is used.
Create a dataset
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click the Workspace tab. On the Workspace page that appears, click Data Sources in the left-side navigation pane.
- On the Data Sources page that appears, click Create Data Source in the upper-right corner. In the Add Data Source dialog box that appears, select a data source.
- Click the Create Dataset icon in the Actions column that corresponds to the data source. For more information, see Create a dataset.
Create a dashboard
- On the Datasets page, find the target dataset, and click the Create Dashboard icon in the Actions column. In the dialog box that appears, specify the dashboard type and click OK.
- On the dashboard edit page that appears, click the Edit Dataset icon and select the company_sales_record dataset.
- Create the following cross table.
Query numeric data
- Click the Query control icon.
- Click the New filter icon in the query control.
- In the Query condition setting dialog box that appears, specify the query condition name, associated charts and fields, and the query condition. For more information, see Query data based on a numeric field.
- Click OK to complete the configurations.
- In the query control, specify the value range that you want to query and click Inquire. The chart to which the query control applies is updated.