In a dashboard, you can use filters to filter data to refine the results for a report. You can obtain the required data that meets the specified filter conditions.
Scenario: Compare shipping costs for East China, South China, and North China based on the company_sales_record dataset.
Create a dataset
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Choose to enter the Data Sources page.
- Click Create Data Sources to select a data source.
- Click the Create Dataset icon to create a dataset.
Create a dashboard
- Click Dashboards to enter the Dashboards page.
- Click the Switch dataset icon, and select the company_sales_record dataset.
- Select a chart such as a pie chart.
- Select a field as shown in the following figure.
- Click Update. A chart is generated automatically.
- Drag the area field to the Filters area as shown in the following figure.
- Click Filters icon to set filter conditions as shown in the following figure.
- Select East, North, and South and click OK.
- Click Update to update the chart. The chart shows only the comparison results of shipping costs for East China, North China, and South China as shown in the following figure.