Redis Sentinel provides high availability (HA) services for Redis. ApsaraDB for Redis is compatible with Sentinel and can be used for services that run Sentinel. This topic describes how to enable the Redis Sentinel-compatible mode in the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
To use the Redis Sentinel-compatible mode, ApsaraDB for Redis instances must meet the following requirements:
|Engine version||Redis 4.0|
|Prerequisite||Password-free access is enabled|
Introduction to Redis Sentinel
Redis Sentinel provides Redis with services such as master and replica monitoring, fault alerting, and automatic failover. Redis Sentinel is used in many business scenarios that use local on-premises Redis databases and have high reliability requirements. To facilitate migration of Redis databases to the cloud in such scenarios, Alibaba Cloud develops the Redis Sentinel-compatible mode.
Set the parameter in the ApsaraDB for Redis console
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- On the top of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, find the instance that you want to manage, and click the Instance ID, or select Manage in the Actions column for the instance.
- By default, the Instance Information page is displayed. In the left-side navigation pane, click System Parameters.
- On the System Parameters page that appears, find the #no_loose_sentinel-enabled parameter and click Modify in the Actions column.
- In the dialog box that appears, set the parameter to yes, and click OK.
For more information about the parameters, see Set parameters.
Call API operations to set parameters
You can also call the ModifyInstanceConfig operation to set parameters.