This topic describes causes as to why you cannot successfully ping an ECS instance in the same CEN instance or a PC in the same CCN instance from the SAG-100WM device, and the troubleshooting methods.
The terminal cannot connect to Alibaba Cloud. Specifically, you cannot successfully ping an ECS instance in the same CEN instance or another PC in the same CCN instance.
- The link between the terminal and the device has failed.
- The VPN link between the device and Alibaba Cloud has failed.
- The target ECS instance has failed.
- The network of the service provider has failed.
- Log on to the Smart Access Gateway console.
- Click the ID of the target Smart Access Gateway instance and check if the status of the device is Ready.
- Check whether the cloud LED light of the device is on.
- If the cloud LED light is on, the VPN tunnel between the device and Alibaba Cloud is normal. Log on to the ECS console to check if the security group rules of ECS instances allow traffic to pass through.
- If the cloud LED light is not on, the VPN tunnel between the device and Alibaba Cloud is not established. In this case, proceed to 4.
- The software of the device may have failed. You can restart the device to see if the problem persists or open a ticket for further consultation.