If message consumption exceptions occur, you can check the consumer status in the Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ console for troubleshooting. You can view information about consumer instances in a group identified by a group ID, and information about a single consumer instance in this group.
Consumer status information includes online status, subscription, consumption TPS, message accumulation amount, and JStack information. It is often used in the following troubleshooting scenarios:
- Subscription inconsistency
- Symptom: On the Consumer Status page, the Consistent Subscription field of a group ID displays No.
- Solution: For more information about how to handle subscription inconsistency, see What should I do after receiving a subscription inconsistency alert.
- Message accumulation
- Symptom: On the Consumer Status, the Real-time Accumulated Messages field of a group ID displays a value that is higher than expected.
- Solution: For more information about how to handle message accumulation, see How to handle accumulated messages.
View comprehensive information about a group ID
To view the comprehensive information about the consumer instances under a specific group ID, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ console. In the top navigation bar, select the region, such as China (Hangzhou).
- On the Instances page, find the target instance and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Groups.
- On the Groups page, find the target group ID and click Consumer Status in the Actions column.
The result is shown in the following figure.
|Field or icon||Description|
|Online status icon||
|Subscription Consistency||This field indicates whether the subscription information of all the consumer instances under the group ID is consistent. For more information about subscription consistency, see Subscription consistency.|
|Real-time Consumption Rate||The total transactions per second (TPS) at which messages are received by the consumer instance group under the group ID. Unit: messages/s.|
|Real-time Message Accumulation||The total number of messages that are not consumed by the consumer instance group under the group ID.|
|Latest Consumption Time||The last time when the consumer instance group under the group ID consumed a message.|
|Latency||The difference between the production time of the earliest unconsumed message in the consumer instance group under the group ID and the current time.|
View information about a single consumer instance under a specific group ID
If the online status of the group ID is Online, you can view the information about each online consumer instance under the group ID in the Connection Information section, including the client ID, host or public IP address, current process ID, and message accumulation amount.View more information
You can also click Details in the Description column to view more information about a specific consumer instance, including the number of consumption threads, consumption start time, subscription, and message consumption statistics, as shown in the following figure.View JStack information
If you have set metrics and received notifications about message accumulation, see What should I do if I receive a message accumulation alert.