This topic explains why you cannot ping an ECS instance from a PC and how to troubleshoot it.
A PC cannot connect to Alibaba Cloud through an SAG-1000 device. For example, you cannot ping an ECS instance in the same CEN from the PC.
- The link between the PC and the SAG-1000 is faulty.
- The VPN link between the SAG and Alibaba Cloud is faulty.
- The target ECS instance is faulty.
- The network of the service provider is faulty.
- Log on to the Smart Access Gateway console.
- Click the ID of the target Smart Access Gateway instance and check whether the device is in the Ready state.
- Log on to the switch console to check the connectivity between the device and the
- If access is provided through static routes, ping the IP address of each interface on the SAG from the switch. If you cannot ping an interface, see Link failure between SAG-1000 and the switch to restore the connection to the interface.
- If the SAG is stand-alone, check whether the second or third indicator on the right
is lit or flashing.
- If the second indicator is lit yellow or flashing, the SAG has a software fault. Open a ticket for technical support.
- If the third indicator is lit yellow or flashing, the VPN tunnel between the SAG and Alibaba Cloud is unavailable. Open a ticket for technical support.
- If both the second and the third indicators are lit green, proceed to 4.
For more information, see SAG indicators.
- Check the status of the ECS instance. Ping other VPC ECS instances or configure an
EIP for the target ECS instance to check the connectivity by using the Internet.
- If you can ping other ECS instances, the target ECS instance is faulty. Resolve the fault.
- If you cannot ping other ECS instances, proceed to 5.
- Ping other websites from the PC. If the ping action fails, check whether the network of the service provider is normal.