This topic explains why the link between an SAG-1000 device and the corresponding switch fails and how to troubleshoot it.
- You cannot ping the switch from the device.
- On the web port configuration page of the device, the port indicator is lit red.
- When OSPF access is used, the port indicator on the web port configuration page is lit red.
- The route entry of the corresponding interface IP cannot be found on the web status query page of the device.
- The physical connection between the device and the switch is incorrect.
- The interface on the switch is not enabled.
- The IP address of the device or the switch is incorrectly configured.
- Check the physical connection between the device and the switch and make sure that the port indicators are on at both ends.
- Check the interface configurations of the switch and make sure that the interface is enabled.
- Check the IP address of the switch interface and make sure that the IP address is in the same CIDR block as the IP address of the device interface.
- If OSPF access is used, make sure that the OSPF port configurations are the same as
the device port configurations.
These configurations include the area ID, hello time, dead time, authentication method, password of plaintext authentication, key ID of MD5 authentication, and router ID. Additionally, you must make sure that all directly connected CIDR blocks are advertised.