If you have a large number of backup files, you can use the backup search feature to locate the file that you want to restore.
Enable the backup search feature
To enable the backup search feature for a backup vault, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- On the Overview page, find the backup vault.
- In the upper-right corner of the vault card, click the Settings icon.
- In the Modify Backup Vault pane, turn on the Backup Search feature.
Note The backup search feature is available only for backup vaults that are located in the China (Hangzhou) and China (Shanghai) regions.
To use the backup search feature, perform the following operations:
- Log on to an HBR backup client.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Restore.
- On the Restore Backup / Backups page, click the Search Backups tab.
- Enter a keyword or relative path of a file that you want to restore and click Search.
- To search for a file by full file name, enclose the full name within a pair of double quotation marks (").
- To search for files by relative path, use forward slashes (/) as the path separator, for example, A/test.text.
- You can also enable Advanced Search in the upper-right corner of the page. Set one or more of the following conditions and click Search.
Condition Description File Type Select File or Folder based on your requirements. Modify Time Specify the last modification time of a file. The time is accurate to the second. If you need to clear the specified time, click the cross sign (
×) next to the time.
File Size Specify a file size range. Unit: KB, MB, or GB. The minimum size of a file is 0 KB. Backup Time Specify the start time and end time of the time period in which the backup of a file is completed. The time is accurate to the second. If you need to clear the specified time, click the cross sign (
×) next to the time.
If you need to clear the search conditions, click Reset.
- Search results are displayed at the bottom of the Search Backups tab. Find the file you want to restore, and click Restore next to the file.
- In the Restore Backup dialog box, enter the folder to which you want to restore the file, and click Submit to restore the backup.