This topic describes how to restart a Smart Access Gateway (SAG) device. If a network failure occurs when an SAG device is active, you can restart the device to eliminate any software faults that may be causing the network failure.
- Power off the device and then power it on. We recommend that you save your current configurations before power off the device.
- Log on to the Smart Access Gateway console to restart the device remotely.
Power off the device and then power it on
Power off the device and then power it on to restart the device. This method is also called cold restart.
For some SAG models, the power switch is on the left of the front panel or on the right of the rear panel. For other SAG models, no power switch is provided. For SAG devices without a power switch, you can remove or connect the power plug to power off or power on the device.
Restart an SAG device remotely
- Log on to the Smart Access Gateway console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Smart Access Gateway, and then click the target instance ID, or choose in the Actions column.
- Select the target SAG, and then click Remote Restart.
- In the displayed dialog box, click OK.