This topic describes the Cloud Migration tool with a GUI for Windows and how to use the Cloud Migration tool of this version.
The Cloud Migration tool of V1.2.9 and later supports a GUI for Windows. You can run the go2aliyun_gui.exe file to install the Cloud Migration tool with a GUI for Windows. If your Cloud Migration tool is earlier than V1.2.9, click here to download a new version for more features. The settings available for the Cloud Migration tool on the GUI are the same as those in the command line interface, and the running process of the Windows GUI version is compatible with that of the command line interface.
- Menu bar: consists of Config, Logs, Help, and Language.
- Parameter configuration section (user_config.json): used to configure required parameters of the source server, including the AccessKey pair, operating system of the source server, system disk size, ID of the Alibaba Cloud region to which the source server is migrated, name of the ECS image generated after migration, and and other information of the image. For more information, see Migrate your server to Alibaba Cloud by using the Cloud Migration tool.
- Disk list: consists of system disks and data disks. You can right-click the section to add a disk to be migrated to the cloud or double-click a disk to go to the disk information editing page.
- Task progress and log section: After you run the Cloud Migration tool, you can check the task progress in this section or troubleshoot issues based on the prompts displayed.
- Config in the menu bar: You can click Config and then select Rsync to set the bandwidth limit of data transmission in KB/s. You can select Save User Config to save current parameter configurations for batch operations, or select Clear Client Data to initialize the client configuration file. For more information, see Migrate your server to Alibaba Cloud by using the Cloud Migration tool.
- Logs in the menu bar: You can click Logs and then select Open Log File to open log files or select Open Logs Dir to find the paths of log files.
- Help in the menu bar: You can click Help to obtain online documents or version information of the Cloud Migration tool.
- Language in the menu bar: You can select the display language of the Cloud Migration tool.
- You can add a data disk in the Cloud Migration tool. The Cloud Migration tool will automatically query the list of data disks on your server and show the used space of data disks. The data disk size that you enter must be larger than the amount of space occupied on the data disks of the source server. For example, if 100 GiB of the 500 GiB data disks on the source server is used, you must set the disk size to a value larger than 100 GiB.
- Configure server parameters on the GUI.
- Click Start.
- View the migration result.
Goto Aliyun Finished!is displayed in the task progress and log section, go to the image details page in the ECS console to view the migration result.
Goto Aliyun Not Finished!is displayed in the task progress and log section, click Logs to troubleshoot issues. For more information, see Troubleshooting. After the problem is solved, run the Cloud Migration tool again to resume the migration task. The Cloud Migration tool will automatically continue the task.