The short video SDK supports iOS 8.0 and later versions.
We recommend that you use macOS High Sierra 10.13 and Xcode 9.0 or their later versions.
For more information in Chinese, see API Reference.
For more information, see API Reference.
The short video SDK has three editions: basic edition, standard edition, and professional edition. The three editions use the same framework name AliyunVideoSDKPro.framework.
- The basic edition supports only the recording and cropping features.
- The standard edition and professional edition supports all features. However, authorization is required to use advanced features in the standard edition.
The following table lists the frameworks on which the short video SDK depends.
|AliyunVideoSDKPro||Static framework||Short Video SDK.|
|AliyunVideoCore||Dynamic framework||Short Video SDK.|
|AliyunVideoSDKPro.bundle||Resource bundle||If you are using Short Video SDK Pro, you need to import AliyunVideoSDKPro.bundle to your project|
|alivcffmpeg||Dynamic framework||The FFmpeg framework.|
|AlivcConan||Dynamic framework||The tool framework.|
|VODUpload||Static framework||The upload framework of Apsaravideo for VOD, which depends on AliyunOSSiOS.|
|AliyunOSSiOS||Static framework||The OSS upload framework.|
In the preceding frameworks, AliyunVideoSDKPro, alivcffmpeg, and AlivcConan are dynamic frameworks. When integrating and releasing dynamic frameworks, pay attention to the following:
- Select the target and choose General > Embedded Binaries to add dynamic frameworks.
- To submit an application to App Store, you need to strip the simulator architectures from dynamic frameworks. Otherwise, your application will be rejected. You can strip the simulator architectures from dynamic frameworks in any of the following ways:
- The downloaded SDK package contains two folders: Debug and Release. The Debug folder contains frameworks for both simulators and devices, and the Release folder contains frameworks only for devices. Use the frameworks in the Debug folder to debug your application in simulators. When submitting the application to App Store, replace the frameworks with those in the Release folder.
- Integrate frameworks in pod mode. Then, the simulator architectures are automatically stripped from dynamic frameworks when you submit your application.
- Add a custom script in Xcode to use the
Lipocommand to strip the simulator architectures from dynamic frameworks.
Open the project and select the target. Choose General > Embedded Binaries, click the plus sign (+) and then Add Other, and import AliyunVideoSDKPro.framework, AlivcConan.framework, and alivcffmpeg.framework.
Open the project and select the target. Choose General > Linked Frameworks And Libraries, click the plus sign (+) and then Add Other, and import AliyunOSSiOS.framework and VODUpload.framework.
Open the project and select the target. Choose General > Linked Frameworks And Libraries, click the plus sign (+), and import libz.tbd, ImageIO.framework, CoreMedia.framework, CoreVideo.framework, VideoToolBox.framework, MediaPlayer.framework, OpenAL.framework, libc++.tbd, libsqlite3.tbd, and libiconv.tbd.
If you are using Short Video SDK Pro, you need to import AliyunVideoSDKPro.bundle to your project.
- Add dependencies to the Podfile file.
- Professional edition:
- Standard edition:
- Basic edition:
- Update the pod repository.
pod repo update
- Install the pods.
Make sure that you can access and update the pod repository over the network. After installing the pods, check whether the framework versions are the latest, as listed on the Alibaba Cloud website.
After the SDK is integrated, open the project and modify the configuration as follows:
Choose Build Setting > Linking > Other Linker Flags and add
Choose Build Setting > Build Options and set Enable Bitcode to
info.Plistfile of the project and add the following permissions:
Privacy - Camera Usage Description
Privacy - Microphone Usage Description
Privacy - Photo Library Usage Description