In a full data development process, developers develop code, debug processes, configure dependencies, configure scheduled tasks, and then submit tasks to the production environment for execution.
The standard mode of DataWorks can process data seamlessly from development to production stages in a project. We recommend that you use this mode for data development, production, and publishing.
Publish a task in standard mode
Each DataWorks project in the standard mode corresponds to two MaxCompute projects that are associated with one another, one for the development environment, and the other for the testing environment. You can submit and release a project to the production environment from the development environment.
The procedure is as follows:
- Click Submit after the code and task is debugged and configured. The system will automatically check for dependencies between code objects.
- When the submission is completed, click Publish.
- Go to the To Publish page and select the target objects. Click Add To Publish, and the Publish List page appears.
On the displayed Publish List page, you can filter the objects by publisher, node type, change type, publish date, and task name or ID. If you click Publish Selected Items, the objects are released to the production environment for scheduling immediately.
- Click Note The standard mode strictly prohibits operating the table data in the production environment. You can obtain a stable, secure, and reliable production environment. We strongly recommend that you use this mode to publish and schedule a task.
to release the objects to the production environment.
Cross-project clone in simple mode
A simple mode project (for development) cannot publish tasks. To develop data and isolate the production environment, you must clone and then submit a task to a production project. This creates a simple mode project (for production).
- Permission requirements: A RAM user account that is not the project owner requires administrative permissions, such as creating a clone package and publishing a clone task to run the operation and complete the process.
- Supported subject types: Only tasks of a simple mode project can be cloned to other projects. The standard mode projects do not support this operation.
- Prerequisites: The source project A (a simple mode project), and target project B (a standard mode project).
- Submit a task
Select and submit the source task after it is edited.
- Click Cross-Project Cloning.
- Select the source task name in the list of submitted tasks and the target project name, click Add For Clone.
- Run a clone
Click For Cloning . Check whether the source task information is correct and click Clone All.Click Confirm to run the operation and complete the clone process.
- View a cloned task
You can view the successful tasks on the Clone List of source project ANote: View target project B to check whether the source task is cloned to the business flow.