This topic describes how to create an ECS instance in a deployment set by using the ECS console.
A deployment set is created in the specified region. For more information about how to create a deployment set, see Create a deployment set.
When you create ECS instances in a deployment set, you can create up to seven ECS instances in each zone. You can use the following formula to calculate the maximum number of ECS instances that you can create in a deployment set within a region: 7 × Number of zones within the region. These limits vary with your ECS usage.
When you create an instance, you can use a launch template or use the batch creation feature to facilitate instance creation. For more information, see Launch templates.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Deployment Sets page, find the target deployment set.
You can use one of the following methods to create an ECS instance in the deployment set:
- In the Actions column corresponding to the deployment set, click Create Instance.
- Click deployment set ID. In the Instances pane that appears, click Create Instance.
- On the page that appears, complete the instance configuration on the Custom Launch tab. For more information about how to create an instance, see Create an instance by using the provided wizard.
Note the following configurations when you create an instance:
- Basic configurations:
- Region: The ECS instance and the target deployment set must be in the same region.
- Zone: Up to seven ECS instances can be created in each zone of a deployment set.
- Instance Type: The instance families that can be created in deployment sets include c6, g6, r6, hfc6, hfg6, hfr6, c5, d1, d1ne, g5, hfc5, hfg5, i2, i2g, i1, ic5, r5, se1ne, sn1ne, and sn2ne. For more information about instance types and their performance, see Instance families.
- Quantity: optional. You can specify the number of ECS instances to create. This number must be specified based on the number of ECS instances that already exist in the current zone of the deployment set.
- : optional. After you create multiple instances, you can add sequential suffixes to the instance names and hostnames. The sequential suffix ranges from 001 to 999.
- : Select the target deployment set.
- Launch templates. : optional. You can save your configurations as a launch template that you can use to quickly create an instance the next time. For more information, see
- Basic configurations:
- Check the settings you have made, and then click Create Order or Create Instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . On the Deployment Sets page, find the deployment set to view the instance that you have created.
What to do next
- View and manage ECS instances in the deployment set. For more information, see instance-related topics.
- Change the deployment set where the ECS instance is located. For more information, see Change the deployment set of an instance.