This topic describes how to create an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance in a deployment set by using the ECS console.
A deployment set is created in the specified region. For more information about how to create a deployment set, see Create a deployment set.
When you create ECS instances in a deployment set, you can create up to 20 ECS instances in each zone. You can use the following formula to calculate the maximum number of ECS instances that you can create in a deployment set within a region: 20 × Number of zones within the region. These limits vary with your ECS usage.
When you create an instance, you can use a launch template or use the batch creation feature to facilitate instance creation. For more information, see Launch templates.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Deployment Sets page, find the deployment set in which you want to create an
instance. You can use one of the following methods to create an ECS instance in the deployment set:
- In the Actions column corresponding to the deployment set, click Create Instance.
- Click the deployment set ID. In the Instances pane, click Create Instance.
- On the page that appears, complete the instance configurations on the Custom Launch tab. For more information, see Create an instance by using the wizard. Take note of the following configurations when you create an instance:
- Basic configurations:
- Region: The ECS instance and the deployment set must be in the same region.
- Zone: Up to 20 ECS instances can be created in each zone of a deployment set.
- Instance Type: Instances in the following instance families can be created in deployment sets:
- c6, g6, r6, c5, g5, ic5, and r5
- hfc6, hfg6, hfr6, hfc5, and hfg5
- d2, d2s, d2c, d1, and d1ne
- i2, i2g, and i1
- se1ne, sn1ne, and sn2ne
- Quantity: optional. You can specify the number of ECS instances to create. This number must be specified based on the number of ECS instances that already exist in the current zone of the deployment set.
- : optional. After you create multiple instances, you can add sequential suffixes to the instance names and hostnames. A sequential suffix ranges from 001 to 999.
- : Select the deployment set in which to create the ECS instance.
- Launch templates. : optional. You can save your configurations as a launch template that you can use to create an instance the next time. For more information, see
- Basic configurations:
- Check the settings you have made, and then click Create Order or Create Instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . On the Deployment Sets page, find the deployment set to view the instance that you have created.
What to do next
- View and manage ECS instances in the deployment set. For more information, see instance-related topics.
- Change the deployment set where the ECS instance is located. For more information, see Change the deployment set of an instance.