Web Application Firewall (WAF) allows you to customize alert rules. You can specify the notification methods in which you receive security events and system alerts.
Upgrade to the new version of the Alarm Settings feature
WAF integrated with the new version of the Alarm Settings feature that is provided by Cloud Monitor on February 10, 2020. If you use WAF instances that were created before this date, click Free Update on the Alarm Settings page in the WAF console to upgrade the feature to the new version. The original alert rules become invalid after the upgrade. You must go to the Cloud Monitor console to configure notification methods for security events and system alerts for WAF immediately.
WAF integrates with Cloud Monitor and sends the basic statistics and attack events of all domain names to Cloud Monitor. Cloud Monitor sorts out security events and system alerts from massive protection logs that are generated by WAF. You can customize notification and handling methods for different types of events to achieve comprehensive and effective daily O&M.
- Log on to the Web Application Firewall console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the resource group to which the instance belongs and the region, Mainland China or International, in which the instance is deployed.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Alarm Settings page, select notification methods based on event types.
- Find a specific security event or system alert and click CloudMonitor Notifications. On the Event Monitoring page in the Cloud Monitor console, configure the notification
and handling methods.
For more information, see the following topics:
- If you have enabled the real-time log query and analysis function, click Log Service Configurations. On the Log Service page, configure traffic and attack monitoring alerts.
For more information, see Best practices for log service alert configurations.
- Find a specific security event or system alert and click CloudMonitor Notifications. On the Event Monitoring page in the Cloud Monitor console, configure the notification and handling methods.