After you complete the initial configuration, you can connect to an RDS for MariaDB instance from an ECS instance or a database client.
The following operations are completed:
Use a database client to connect to an RDS instance
ApsaraDB RDS MySQL is fully compatible with MySQL. You can connect to an RDS instance from any general-purpose database client in the similar way you connect to a MySQL database. This section describes how to use HeidiSQL to connect to an RDS instance.
- Start HeidiSQL.
- In the lower-left area of the Session manager dialog box, click New.
- Enter the information of the RDS instance to be connected. The following table describes
Parameter Description Network type The method of connecting to the RDS instance. Select MariaDB or MySQL (TCP/IP). Hostname/IP Enter the private or public IP address of the RDS instance.
You can obtain the private and public IP addresses of the RDS instance by completing the following steps:
- If your database client is deployed in an ECS instance that is in the same region and has the same network type as the RDS instance, you can use the private IP address of the RDS instance. For example, if the ECS and RDS instances are both in a VPC located in the China (Hangzhou) region, then you can use the private IP address of the RDS instance to create a secure, efficient connection.
- In the other situations, use the public IP address of the the RDS instance.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the RDS instance is located.
- Find the RDS instance and click its ID.
- On the displayed Basic Information page, find the private and public IP addresses and their corresponding port numbers.
User The username of the account that you use to access the RDS instance. Password The password of the account that you use to access the RDS instance. Port The port for the RDS instance to establish a connection. If you use the private IP address of the RDS instance to establish a connection, enter the private port number. If you use the public IP address of the RDS instance to establish a connection, enter the public port number.
- Click Open.
If the entered information is correct, the RDS instance can be connected.
Q: How do I obtain data of an RDS for MariaDB instance from Function Compute?
A: You can install third-party dependencies for your functions in Function Compute and use built-in components to obtain the data. For more information, see Install third-party dependencies for functions.