This topic describes how to modify the public and internal endpoints of an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance in the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
|Standalone instances||You can only modify the public and internal endpoints of a primary node.|
|Replica set instances||You can modify the public and internal endpoints of both primary and secondary nodes.|
|Sharded cluster instances||You can only modify the public and internal endpoints of a mongos.|
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the resource group and the region of the target instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances, or Sharded Cluster Instances based on the instance type.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- In the Intranet Connection or Public IP Connection section, click Update Connection String.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter a new endpoint.Note
- You can only modify the prefix of the endpoint.
- The new endpoint must be 8 to 64 characters in length and can contain lowercase letters, digits, and hyphens (-). It must start with a lowercase letter and end with a lowercase letter or digit.
- Click Submit.
What to do next
After you modify the public or internal endpoint, you must connect a client or an application to your ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance by using the new endpoint.