Quick BI supports drilling, filter interaction, and hyperlinks for multi-dimension data analysis. This topic describes the scenarios and instructions about these features.
- Drilling: In the dashboard, click a section in a chart or a field in a table in the dashboard. The granularity of analysis changes as the dimension level changes.
- Filter interaction: In the dashboard, click a section in a chart. Other charts related to the chart change accordingly.
- Hyperlink: In the dashboard, click a field in a chart and you are taken to the linked
page. You can use global parameters and URLs for page jumping.
Hyperlinks only apply to cross tables and scatter charts. Using global parameters for page jumping only applies to group workspaces. For more information about group workspaces, see Concepts.
The following example describes how to perform filter interactions among charts, drill through a hierarchy to change the granularity of data analysis, and jump to the Order information pages by using hyperlinks in Quick BI.
The example uses the company_sales_record dataset. You can click sample sales data and create the same dataset based on the downloaded CSV file.
Edit a dataset
Create a dashboard
- Create the company's market data dashboard
After the creation, the company's market data dashboard is as follows.
- Create a dashboard named company's market data based on the company_sales_record dataset.
- Create a pie chart as shown in the following figure and name it Regional order proportion analysis.
- Create a colored map as shown in the following figure and name it Regional sales.
- Create a cross table as shown in the following figure and name it Order information.
- Create the Order profits dashboard
Create a dashboard to show order profits. Name the dashboard Order profits and create a cross table called Order profits.
- Use the hierarchy in the dataset: When the selected dimension of a dataset contains a hierarchy, the hierarchy is displayed by default. You can modify the hierarchy as shown in the following figure.
- Customize the hierarchy: When the selected dimension of a dataset does not contain a hierarchy, you can customize the hierarchy and drag the drill dimension to the Drill (Dimensions) section.
Drill down: In the Regional order proportion analysis pie chart, click the South slice and the pie chart based on the provinces of South appears. In the lower-left corner of the chart, the values of drill dimensions with higher levels are displayed.
Drill up: Click area to drill up to the area-level data.
- In the company's market data dashboard, select the Regional order proportion analysis pie chart and click the Advanced tab in the Graphic Design panel .
- Click the pen icon next to Filter Interaction .
- In the Filter Interaction dialog box that appears, select the linked field area, the cross table Order information, and the colored map Regional sales. Click OK.
- In the Regional order proportion analysis pie chart, click a slice. Click the South slice and click Filter Interaction.
Scenario: Click Office in the Order information cross table and the Order profits dashboard is jumped to automatically. All Office orders are displayed.
- Configure global parametersNote The following example uses global parameters for page jumping. You need to set global parameters first.
- On the Order profits dashboard page, click the Global Variables icon.
- In the Global Variables dialog box that appears, perform the configurations as shown in the following figure and click OK.
- Configure a hyperlink
- In the company's market data dashboard page, select the Order information cross table, click the Advanced tab in the Graphic Design panel.
- Click the pen icon next to Hyperlink.
- In the Hyperlink dialog box, perform the configurations as shown in the following figure and click OK.
After configurations are complete, the product_type column values in the Order information cross table are displayed as hyperlinks.
- Page jumps
Click Office in the Order information cross table, the Order profits dashboard is jumped to automatically. Only orders with Office as the value of the corresponding product_type field are displayed.
You can jump to specified URLs such as web UIs of customer systems by using the external link feature.
- Select the Order information cross table and click the Advanced tab in the Graphic Design panel.
- Click the pen icon next to Hyperlink.
- On the Hyperlink dialog box, select the fields that you want to hyperlink and select External Link as the hyperlinking method. Enter a URL and click OK.
Note You can add parameters to URLs by entering them manually or by double-clicking the fields in the Add Dimensions list.
- Click the hyperlinked field values and the corresponding URL is jumped to.