The Timeline model is a data model designed for message data scenarios. The model supports some special requirements of message data scenarios, such as message order preservation, storage of large numbers of messages, and real-time synchronization. The model also supports the full-text search and bool query. The model is applicable to message scenarios such as instant messaging (IM) and Feed streams.
- Store: a store of Timeline data. The store is similar to a table in a database.
- Identifier: an identifier used to identify Timeline data.
- Meta: the metadata used to describe Timeline data. The metadata is stored in a free-schema structure and can contain any column.
- Queue: stores all messages in a Timeline.
- SequenceId: the serial number of a message body in the Queue. The SequenceId values must be incremental and unique. The Timeline model generates SequenceId values by using an auto-increment column. You can also specify SequenceId values by manual.
- Message: the message body in the Timeline. The message is stored in a free-schema structure and can contain any column.
- Index: includes Meta Index and Message Index. You can customize indexes for any columns in Meta or Message to provide the bool query.
- Manages Meta data and messages, including basic data operations such as create, read, update, and delete.
- Supports the bool query and full-text search for Meta data and messages.
- Generates SequenceId values in two ways: auto-increment column and manual setting.
- Supports the Timeline Identifier that contains multiple columns.
- Compatible with the Timeline 1. X model. The TimelineMessageForV1 example of the Timeline model can directly read messages from and write messages to the V1 version.
Table Store Java SDK (integrated with the Timeline model)
<dependency> <groupId>com.aliyun.openservices.tablestore</groupId> <artifactId>Timeline</artifactId> <version>2.0.0</version> </dependency>
<dependency> <groupId>com.aliyun.openservices</groupId> <artifactId>tablestore</artifactId> <version>4.12.1</version> </dependency>