After you enable the hierarchical namespace feature for a bucket, you can rename or move objects and directories within the bucket.
- The Rename operation is called to rename objects or directories.
- You can rename objects of all sizes in the OSS console. However, you can move only objects up to 1 GB in size in the OSS console.
For more information about the hierarchical namespace feature, see Hierarchical namespace.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Buckets. On the Buckets page, click the name of the bucket in which the object or directory you want to rename or move is stored.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Files, and then rename the object or directory. The following table describes the operations
that you can perform to rename or move an object or a directory.
Scenario Operation Rename an object Move the pointer over the name of the object that you want to rename, and then click the icon to rename the object. You must include a suffix in the new object name. Move an object In the Actions column that corresponds to the object that you want to move, choose . In the Move File panel, specify the destination directory to which you want to move the object.
- To move the object to the root directory of the current bucket, leave the destination directory empty.
- To move the object to a specific directory in the current bucket, specify the directory as the destination directory. For example, to move the object to a subdirectory named subdir within a directory named destdir, set the destination directory to destdir/subdir.
Rename a directory Move the pointer over the name of the directory that you want to rename, and then click the icon to rename the directory. The directory name cannot start with a forward slash (/). Move a directory Operations performed to move a directory are similar to those used to rename a directory. However, you must add a forward slash (/) to the new name of the directory. The following examples show how to move a directory:
- A subdirectory named subdir is located within a directory named destdir. To move subdir to another directory named destfolder, set the new directory name to /destfolder/subdir.
- A subdirectory named subdir is located within a directory named destdir. To move subdir to the root directory of the current bucket, set the new directory name to /subdir.