This article introduces you to the constraints and limitations of using the MaxCompute Lightning service.
DDL/DML constraints and limitations
MaxCompute Lightning only supports Select queries for MaxCompute tables and does not support UPDATE, CREATE, DELETE, and INSERT operations on MaxCompute tables.
Query constraints and limitations
- A maximum number of 1,024 scanned partitions can be queried when you query partitioned tables.
- Currently, views cannot be created or used.
- Currently, MAP、ARRAY、TINYINT、BINARY、TIMESTAMP and DECIMAL with accuracy data types are not supported.
- A maximum of 1 TB data can be scanned for a table in each query.
- The size of the submitted query statement cannot exceed 100 KB.
- The query timeout period is one hour.
UDF constraints and limitations
- User-defined functions (UDF) created using MaxCompute cannot be used in MaxCompute Lightning.
- PostgreSQL user-defined functions cannot be created or used in MaxCompute Lightning.
- MaxCompute built-in functions are not supported at this time.
Query concurrency constraints
A maximum of 20 concurrent queries for a MaxCompute project is supported by MaxCompute Lightning.