A product consists of multiple devices of the same type. After you create a product, you must create devices for the product. You can create a device or multiple devices at a time. This article describes how to create multiple devices at a time.
- Log on to the IoT Platform console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Devices page, click Batch Add.
- Select a product. Each new device derives the features and properties of the product.Note If the product is registered with another platform, make sure that your account has sufficient activation codes to create a device.
- Select a method to name devices.
- Auto Generate: You do not need to name devices. After you enter the number of devices, IoT Platform generates names for each device. Each name consists of random letters and digits.
- Batch Upload: You must name each device. Click Download .csv Template to download a template file. After you enter device names in the template, upload
this template to the IoT Platform console.
- The device name must be 4 to 32 characters in length, and can contain letters, digits, hyphens (-), underscores (_), at signs (@), periods (.), and colons (:).
- The name of each device that you create for a product must be unique. Make sure that no duplicate device names exist in a template. This also applies to the names of existing devices in a product.
- A template file can contain a maximum of 1,000 device names.
- The maximum size of a template file is 2 MB.
- Click OK.If a template file includes one or more invalid device names, an error occurs. You can click Download Invalid Device Name List to download a TXT file. The file includes invalid device names. Modify the invalid device names of a template based on the naming rules of devices and upload the template again.
- After the devices are created, click Download Activation Credential to download the certificates of the devices. You can then install the certificates on the devices.
- Find the batch of the devices, and click Details to view the details of the devices.
- Click DownloadCSV to download the certificates of the devices.
What to do next
View device information. For more information, see Manage devices.
The status of the created devices is Not Activated. Use a Link SDK to implement a device, connect the device to IoT Platform, and then activate the device. For more information, see the Link SDK documentation.
Connect the device to IoT Platform. For more information about best practices, see the following articles: