A product consists of multiple devices of the same type. After you create a product, you must create devices for the product. You can create one or more devices at a time. This article describes how to create multiple devices at a time.
- Log on to the IoT Platform console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Devices page, click Batch Add.
- Select a product. Each new device derives the features and properties of the product.
Note If the product is associated with another platform, make sure that your account has sufficient activation codes to create a device.
- Select a method to specify the DeviceName.
- Auto Generate: You do not need to specify the DeviceName. After you enter the number of devices, IoT Platform generates a DeviceName for each device. Each DeviceName consists of random letters and digits.
- Batch Upload: You must specify a DeviceName for each device. Click Download.csv Template to download a template, specify the DeviceName and Nickname parameters in the template,
and then upload the template to the IoT Platform console. Note Take note of the following items when you fill in the template:
- The first row cannot be modified. You must enter information from the A2 cell.
- Each DeviceName must be 4 to 32 characters in length and can contain letters, digits, hyphens (-), underscores (_), at signs (@), periods (.),and colons (:). The DeviceName of each device that you create for a product must be unique.
- The Nickname parameter specifies an alias. Each alias must be 4 to 64 characters in length and can contain letters, digits, and underscores (_). This parameter is optional.
- Each template file can contain the information about 10,000 devices at most.
- The maximum size of a template file is 2 MB.
- Click OK. If a template file contains one or more invalid DeviceNames or aliases, an error occurs. You can click Download Invalid Device Name List to download a file that contains invalid DeviceNames or aliases. Modify the invalid DeviceNames or aliases in the file based on the naming rules. Then, upload the file again.
- After the devices are created, click Download Device Certificate to download the certificates of the devices. Then, you can burn the certificates on the devices.
ResultsThe devices are created. You can view the information about the devices and download the certificates of the devices on the Batch Management tab of the Devices page.
- To view the details of the devices, find the batch of the devices and click Details in the Actions column.
- To download the certificates of the devices, click DownloadCSV.
View device information. For more information, see Manage devices.
Connect the device to IoT Platform. For more information about best practices, see the following articles:
Related API operations
|BatchRegisterDevice||Registers multiple devices.|