A product is a collection of devices. After you create products, you can create specific devices for the product models. You can create one device or multiple devices at a time. This topic explains how to create multiple devices at a time.
- Log on to the IoT Platform console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Batch Add., and then click
- Select a product that you have created. The devices to be created will be assigned with the features of the selected product.
- Select how the devices are to be named. Two methods:
- Auto Generate: You do not specify names for the devices that you want to create. You only specify the number of devices, and the system automatically generates names for the devices.
- Batch Upload: You specify a name for each device you want to create. Under Upload File, click Download .csv Template to download the naming template. Enter device names in the template table and save the file. Then, click Upload File to upload the naming file.
- Device names must be 4-32 characters in length, and can contain English letters, digits, hyphens, underscores, @ symbols, dots, and colons.
- Each device name must be unique in the product.
- A file can include up to 1,000 names.
- The size of the file cannot exceed 2 MB.
- Click OK to start batch device creation.
- After the devices are successfully created, click Download Device Certificate to download the file containing the information of created devices.
- Click Details to view the detailed information of the devices.
- Click Download CSV to download the certificates of the devices.