This article describes how to create multiple devices at a time.
- Log on to the IoT Platform console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Devices page, click Batch Add.
- Select a product. Each new device derives the features and properties of the product.
Note If the product is associated with another platform, make sure that your account has sufficient activation codes to create a device.
- Select a method to specify DeviceNames.
- Auto Generate: You do not need to specify DeviceNames for devices. After you enter the number of devices, IoT Platform generates a DeviceName for each device. Each DeviceName consists of random letters and digits.
- Batch Upload: You must specify a DeviceName for each device. Click Download.csv Template to download a template, specify the DeviceName and Nickname parameters in the template, and then upload the template to the IoT Platform console.
- The first row cannot be modified. You must enter information from the A2 cell.
- Each DeviceName must be unique within the product.
- The Nickname parameter specifies an alias. This parameter is optional.
- Each template file can contain the information about 10,000 devices at most. The maximum size of a template file is 2 MB.
- Click OK.
If a template file contains one or more invalid DeviceNames or aliases, an error occurs. You can click Download Invalid Device Name List to download a file that contains invalid DeviceNames or aliases. Modify the invalid DeviceNames or aliases in the file based on the naming rules. Then, upload the file again.
- After the devices are created, click Download Device Certificate to download the certificates of the devices. Then, you can burn the certificates on the devices.
Parameter Description ProductKey The ProductKey of the product to which the device belongs. The ProductKey is the GUID that is issued by IoT Platform to the product. DeviceName The DeviceName of the device, which is the unique identifier of the device within the product. A combination of the DeviceName and ProductKey is used as the device identifier. IoT Platform authenticates the device and communicates with the device based on the device identifier. DeviceSecret The DeviceSecret that is issued by IoT Platform for device authentication and encryption. It must be used in combination with the DeviceName.
ResultsThe devices are created. You can view the information about the devices and download the certificates of the devices on the Batch Management tab of the Devices page.
- To view the details of the devices, find the batch of the devices and click Details in the Actions column. The details include the number of devices that are created in the batch and the list of the devices. The device certificates and status are displayed in the device list.
- To download the certificates of the devices, click DownloadCSV.
View device information. For more information, see Manage devices.
For more information, see Link SDK documentation.
Connect the device to IoT Platform. For more information about best practices, see the following articles:
Related API operations
BatchRegisterDevice: registers multiple devices at a time.