Alibaba Cloud CDN integrates with Function Compute to support the log storage feature. This feature delivers log data to another service that retains log data for a longer period of time. You can analyze log data to monitor the performance of Alibaba Cloud CDN and user statistics. This helps you make informed business decisions.
The log storage feature of Alibaba Cloud CDN integrates with Function Compute to deliver log data. You must activate Function Compute before you can use the log storage feature. After you authorize Alibaba Cloud CDN to access Function Compute, Alibaba Cloud CDN creates a Function Compute service to deliver log data. You can also log on to the Function Compute console and use an existing Function Compute service to deliver log data.
- The offline log feature of Alibaba Cloud CDN stores log data for only three months. You can use the log storage feature of Alibaba Cloud CDN to deliver log data to OSS, which retains log data for a longer period of time. This facilitates log storage and analytics.
- If you want to disable the log storage feature, you must first disassociate the Function Compute service from the domain name in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console. Then, you can delete the Function Compute service in the Function Compute console and delete the data stored in the OSS bucket.
- Billing: The log storage feature is free of charge. However, Function Compute resources are consumed during the log storage process. You are charged at a lower price when the amount of Function Compute resources that are consumed in each month exceeds the free quota. For more information, see Function Compute billing methods.
- Alibaba Cloud CDN is integrated with Function Compute. This allows you to configure functions to process different events and filter events by parameter such as domain name. This way, data can be collected from specific domain names. After Alibaba Cloud CDN receives events that meet the filter conditions, it automatically calls functions to process the events.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Click the Log Storage (Function Compute) tab.
- Click Activate Log Storage.
- Set Service Name and OSS Bucket based on your business requirements, and click Next.
Before you can perform the next step, you must select I understand and agree that fees will be incurred by Function Compute after I activate Log Storage.
- Click Authorize next to Service Authentication. On the RAM page, authorize Function Compute to write data to OSS and execute functions.
- Click Authorize next to Trigger Role. On the RAM page, authorize Alibaba Cloud CDN to access Function Compute.
- Select one or more domain names to be associated with the Function Compute service
and click Create.
- Click Done.