Database Backup provides the alert feature and uses CloudMonitor to notify you of the progress of backup and restoration tasks.
- Trigger conditions
- An error during a full backup
- An error during an incremental backup
- An error during a data restoration
- A successful data restoration
- Backup gateway going offline
- Alerting time
- 00:00:00 to 09:00:00: Alerts are delayed.
- Beyond the preceding time range: Alerts are sent immediately.
- Alert contacts
Default alert contact: Default Contact Group. You can customize alert contacts. For more information, see Manage alert rules.
- Notification methods
Default notification method: Warning (Message + Email ID + TradeManager + DingTalk Chatbot). You can customize notification methods. For more information, see Manage alert rules.
Manage alert rules
- Enable alert notification
If the default alert rule is not created, a message will be displayed when you log on to the Database Backup console. After you click OK, the
DBS_EVENT_RULEdefault alert rule is automatically configured.
- Modify an alert rule
You can modify items such as alert contacts and notification methods. Click Event Monitoring. Click the Alert Rules tab. Find the
DBS_EVENT_RULErule and click Modify in the Actions column.
- Disable alert notification
You can disable the alert feature. Click Event Monitoring. Click the Alert Rules tab. Find the
DBS_EVENT_RULErule and click Disable in the Actions column.
- View alert history
You can view alert history. Click Event Monitoring. Click the Query Event tab. Select System Event and DBS in the search bar and click Search.