This topic describes how to delete a lifecycle hook. The number of lifecycle hooks that you can create for a scaling group is limited. To create new lifecycle hooks when the upper limit is reached, you can delete any lifecycle hooks that you no longer need.
If an ECS instance has been put to the Wait state by a lifecycle hook, deleting the lifecycle hook removes the ECS instance from the Wait state.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Scaling Groups.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- You can use either of the following methods to open the details page of a scaling
- In the Scaling Group Name/ID column, click a scaling group name.
- Click Manage in the Actions column corresponding to a scaling group.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Lifecycle Hooks.
- Use one of the following methods to delete one or more lifecycle hooks.
- Find the target lifecycle hook and click Delete in the Actions column.
- Select the target lifecycle hooks and click Delete under the lifecycle hook list.
- Click OK.