This topic describes how to create a new PolarDB cluster by cloning the data of a source PolarDB cluster.
- The following data can be cloned:
- The account information about the source cluster.
- If transparent data encryption (TDE) is enabled for the source cluster before you clone data, the TDE configurations are also cloned.
- The following data cannot be cloned:
- The parameter settings of the source cluster.
- The whitelists of the source cluster.
- The secure sockets layer (SSL) configurations of the source cluster.
- Only the data that exists in the source cluster before the clone operation starts can be cloned.
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region where the cluster is deployed.
- Find the cluster that you want to clone and choose Actions column. in the
- On the page that appears, specify the following parameters.
Parameter Description Billing Method You can select Subscription or Pay-as-you-go.
- Subscription: Pay for the compute nodes when you create the cluster. You are charged by hour for the storage space that is occupied by the actual amount of data. The charges are deducted from your account balance on an hourly basis.
- Pay-As-You-Go: An upfront payment is not required. You are charged by hour for the compute nodes and the storage space that is consumed by the actual amount of data. The charges are deducted from your account balance on an hourly basis.
Clone Source Type By default, Current Cluster is selected. Keep the default setting. Region The region where the new cluster is deployed. By default, the new cluster is deployed in the same region as that of the source cluster. For example, if the source cluster is deployed in the China (Hangzhou) region, the region of the new cluster is automatically set to China (Hangzhou). Keep the default setting. Primary Availability Zone
- Each zone is an independent geographical location in a region. All zones in a region provide the same services.
- You can create your PolarDB cluster in the same zone as the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance or in a different zone.
Network Type Only VPC is supported. Keep the default setting. VPC
Select a virtual private cloud (VPC) and a vSwitch from the drop-down lists. If you do not have a VPC, create a VPC and a vSwitch. For more information, visit VPCs.Note Make sure that the PolarDB cluster is deployed in the same VPC as the ECS instance. Otherwise, the cluster and the ECS instance cannot communicate with each other over the internal network to provide optimal performance. Compatibility By default, the compatibility of the new cluster is the same as that of the source cluster. For example, if the compatibility of the source cluster is MySQL 8.0, the Compatibility parameter of the new cluster is set to MySQL 8.0. Keep the default setting. Edition By default, the edition of the new cluster is the same as that of the source cluster. For example, if the edition of the source cluster is Cluster (2-16 Nodes) (Recommended), the Edition parameter of the new cluster is set to Cluster (2-16 Nodes) (Recommended). Keep the default setting. Node Specification
You can specify this parameter based on your business requirements. For more information, see Specifications of compute nodes.
NodesBy default, the system creates the following two nodes that have the same specifications: a primary node and a read-only node. Keep the default setting.Note If the primary node becomes unavailable, the system uses the read-only node as the primary node and provides another read-only node. For more information, see Architecture. Storage Cost The storage cost. You do not need to specify this parameter. You are charged based on the actual storage that you use on an hourly basis. For more information, see Storage pricing.Note You do not need to select a storage capacity when you create a cluster. The system automatically scales the storage capacity when the amount of data is increased or decreased. Cluster Name The name of the cluster. The name must meet the following requirements:
- It cannot start with
- It must be 2 to 256 characters in length.
If you do not specify this parameter, the system automatically generates a cluster name. You can change the cluster name after the cluster is created.
Purchase Plan This parameter is supported only when the value of the Billing Method parameter is Subscription. Number Valid values: 1 to 50. Default value: 1.
- Read and accept the terms of the service, and click Buy Now. Note After you complete the payment, it requires 1 to 5 minutes to activate the service. Then, you can view the new cluster on the Clusters page.