Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) supports phased releases. You can use this feature to release different versions of an application and iterate applications in an efficient manner. This allows you to verify the functionality of a new application version.
- Log on to the ACK console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters.
- On the Clusters page, click the name of a cluster or click Details in the Actions column. The details page of the cluster appears.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Releases.
- Click the Batch Release tab. On the tab that appears, click Create Batch Release in the upper-right corner.Note If the button is unavailable, you must upgrade the cluster based on the instructions in the ACK console.
- In the Batch Release Basic Information step, specify parameters Name, Cluster, Namespace, and Release Option. Click Next.
- In the Batch Release Configuration step, configure pods and services and click Update. An application is created.
- Return to the Batch Release tab. You can find the newly created release and its status
is Not Started. To view the details of the release, click View Details in the Actions column.
- On the details page of the release, view release details. To update the release, click Change Configuration in the upper-right corner.
- On the page that appears, modify the parameter values for the release and click Update.
- By default, the Batch Release tab appears. You can view the status of the release.
After the first version is deployed, click View Details in the Actions column.
- On the details page of the release, view release details. The Not Started tab displays
two pods and the Completed tab displays two pods. This indicates that the first version
is deployed. To deploy the second version, click Continue. To roll back to the previous version, click Roll Back.
- After the release is completed, click the History tab and select a history version to which you want to roll back.