This topic describes how to release (i.e. delete) an ECS instance. If you no longer need an instance, you can release it so it does not continue to incur fees.
For VPC-Connected instances, if you do not enable the No fees for stopped instances (VPC-Connected) feature, the instance continues to incur fees even after it is stopped. For instances in classic networks, the instance constantly incurs fees throughput its lifecycle. If you no longer need an instance, you can release it to prevent any possible fees. For more information, see Stop an instance and Release an instance.
This topic describes how to release a Pay-As-You-Go instance in the ECS console. Subscription instances are released automatically after the billing cycle ends.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the list of instances, locate the instance ecs-01 to release. In the Actions column, choose .
- In the displayed dialog box, select Release Now, then click Next.
- Confirm that you want to release the instance, then click OK.
The released instance is then no longer displayed on the Instances page.