If you no longer need an instance, release it so it does not continue to incur costs.
For VPC-Connected instances, if you do not enable the No fees for stopped instances (VPC-Connected) feature, costs are incurred after instances are stopped. For instances in classic networks, costs are always incurred after instances are stopped. If you no longer need an instance, you can release it. For more information, see Stop an instance and Release an instance.
This article describes how to release a Pay-As-You-Go instance on the console. Subscription instances are released automatically after the billing cycle ends.
- Log on to the ECS Console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Select a region. In this example, select China East 1.
- In the list of instances, locate the instance ecs-01 to release. In the Actions column, click .
- Select Release Now, then click Next.
- Confirm that you want to release the instance, then click OK.
The released instance is then no longer displayed on the Instances page.