This topic describes how to mark a node as schedulable or unschedulable. This allows you to efficiently manage the loads on each node.
- Log on to the Container Service console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose to go to the Nodes page.
- Select the target cluster and then select a node. Click Set to Unschedulable.
- In the dialog box that appears, change the node status as follows:
In this example, select Set to Unschedulable.
- If Set to Unschedulable is selected, Pods will not be scheduled to this node when you deploy new applications.
- If Set to Unschedulable and Drain is selected, Pods will not be scheduled to this node when you deploy new applications. Besides, Pods on this node, except the ones that are managed by DaemonSets, will be evicted.
- Click OK.
The node status is now changed to Unschedulable.