This topic describes how to mark a node as schedulable or unschedulable in the Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) console. This allows you to optimize the distribution of the loads on each node.
- Log on to the Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters.
- On the Clusters page, click the name of a cluster or click Details in the Actions column. The details page of the cluster appears.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Nodes.
- On the Nodes page, select the node you want to manage and click Set to Unschedulable.
- In the Set to Unschedulable dialog box, set the scheduling policy.
- Set to Unschedulable: Pods will not be scheduled to this node when you deploy new applications.
- Set to Unschedulable and Drain: Pods will not be scheduled to this node when you deploy new applications. Pods on this node will be evicted, except for the pods that are managed by DaemonSet.
- Click OK.The status of the specified node is changed to Unschedulable.