Kubernetes is the mainstream open source platform for container orchestration. Alibaba Cloud provides Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK). This service allows users to create ACK clusters and manage containerized applications in ACK clusters.
You can log on to the ACK console to create ACK clusters that support high security and high availability. ACK clusters integrate the virtualization, storage, networking, and security capabilities of Alibaba Cloud. ACK clusters are high-performance and scalable. You can use ACK clusters to manage containerized applications. In addition, you can create or expand ACK clusters with a few steps. This allows you to focus on the work of developing and managing containerized applications.
- Managed Kubernetes clusters are most commonly used and can be applied in most scenarios.
- Serverless Kubernetes clusters are applicable to scenarios where agility is important and can be used to process individual and multiple tasks.
- Edge Kubernetes clusters are the most suitable option when you want to handle edge services such as Internet of Things (IoT) and Content Delivery Network (CDN).
- Managed Kubernetes clusters for confidential computing are the most suitable option for business that requires high data security.
ACK supports full lifecycle management for containerized applications and provides the following features:
- Cluster management
Allows you to create ACK clusters with a few steps in the console. You can deploy ACK clusters across zones for high availability.
- All-in-one container management
- Supports full lifecycle management for containerized applications.
- Supports the Flannel and Terway network plug-ins.
- Allows you to persist data to cloud disks, Network Attached Storage (NAS) file systems, and Object Storage Service (OSS) buckets provided by Alibaba Cloud.
- Monitors resources, applications, and containers.
- Provides diverse methods to collect log data and generate reports.
- Supports Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and ensures the security of container runtimes.
- Application marketplace
- Provides rich Helm chart components.
- Integrates the Container Registry service.
- Developer services
- Supports the OpenAPI specification and APIs developed by the Kubernetes community.
- Supports Cloud Shell developed by Alibaba Cloud and the Kubectl tool developed by the Kubernetes community.
Related open source projects
Open source projects of ACK: Aliyun Container Service.
If you have any questions or suggestions for related projects, raise an issue or pull a request in the Kubernetes community.
Service level agreement (SLA)
For more information, see Container Service for Kubernetes Service Level Agreement.