This topic describes the limits that apply when you use Container Service for Kubernetes clusters.
- After a Kubernetes cluster is created, the following limits apply:
- You cannot change the VPC network.
- You cannot change the cluster type. For example, you cannot convert a dedicated cluster to a managed cluster.
- You cannot change the network plug-in.
- You cannot change the volume plug-in.
- You cannot migrate applications across namespaces.
- To create a cluster, Internet access is required to call API operations. You must select the Configure SNAT check box when you create a dedicated or managed Kubernetes cluster.
- Currently, ECS instances support two billing methods: pay-as-you-go and subscription. You can change the billing method of ECS instances from pay-as-you-go to subscription in the ECS console. Other resources such as SLB instances only support the pay-as-you-go billing method.
- Operations such as cluster creation, expansion, and auto scaling are subject to resource quota limits and inventory availability. The number of nodes you specified may not be created.
- If you choose to create subscription instances when you create a cluster, instance creation may fail due to resource quota limits and inventory availability. After a subscription instance is created, you cannot release it before the subscription expires. To avoid these issues, we recommend that you choose to create pay-as-you-go instances. You can change the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription in the ECS console if necessary.
Quota limits on ACK
|Real-name verification||Real-name verification||No exception|
|Create pay-as-you-go instances||None||None|
|Total number of Kubernetes clusters and managed Kubernetes clusters under an account||50 to 2,000||Submit a ticket in the Quota Manageme|
|Total number of master nodes and worker nodes in a cluster||100 to 5,000||Submit a ticket in the Quota Manageme|
|Maximum number of pods on a worker node||Configurable option. Maximum is 256.||No exception|
|Total number of serverless Kubernetes clusters under an account||2||Submit a ticket in the Quota Manageme|
Quota limits on underlying cloud resources
|Computing||Total vCPU quota of pay-as-you-go instances||500 vCPUs|
|vCPU quota of a pay-as-you-go instance||Less than 16 vCPUs|
|Total vCPU quota of preemptible instances||800 vCPUs|
|Convert from pay-as-you-go to subscription||Not supported by the following instance families: t1, s1, s2, s3, c1, c2, m1, m2, n1, n2, and e3.|
|Maximum number of ECS instances managed by a scaling group||1,000|
|Networking||Maximum number of custom route entries in a route table||48|
|Maximum number of VSwitches in a VPC network||24|
|Maximum number of VPC networks||10|
|Maximum number of internal IP addresses in a VPC network||65,535||No exception|
|Maximum number of IP addresses attached to a basic security group||2,000||No exception|
|Maximum number of Elastic Network Interfaces (ENIs)||50,000||No exception|
|Maximum number of Elastic IP addresses (EIPs)||20|
|Server Load Balancing (SLB)||Maximum number of SLB instances under an account||60|
|Maximum number of backend servers attached to an SLB instance||200||No exception|
|Maximum number of listeners of an SLB instance||50|
|Maximum number of times that an ECS instance can be repeatedly added as a backend server to SLB instances||50||No exception|
|Block storage||Maximum number of pay-as-you-go disks across all regions under an account||Number of ECS instances across all regions × 5 You can create at least 10 pay-as-you-go disks under an account.|
|Maximum capacity of pay-as-you-go disks that are used as data disks under an account||This limit is subject to ECS resource usage, region, and disk type. You can go to the Privileges & Quotas page in the ECS console to view detailed information. For more information, see View quotas (old version).|
The following table lists the regions where Container Service for Kubernetes is available.
- Asia Pacific
Region name City Region ID China (Beijing) Beijing cn-beijing China (Zhangjiakou) Zhangjiakou cn-zhangjiakou China (Hohhot) Hohhot cn-huhehaote China (Hangzhou) Hangzhou cn-hangzhou China (Shanghai) Shanghai cn-shanghai China (Shenzhen) Shenzhen cn-shenzhen China (Chengdu) Chengdu cn-chengdu China (Hong Kong) Hong Kong cn-hongkong Japan (Tokyo) Tokyo ap-northeast-1 Singapore Singapore ap-southeast-1 Australia (Sydney) Sydney ap-southeast-2 Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) Kuala Lumpur ap-southeast-3 Indonesia (Jakarta) Jakarta ap-southeast-5
- Americas and Europe
Region name City Region ID US (Silicon Valley) Silicon Valley us-west-1 US (Virginia) Virginia us-east-1 UK (London) London eu-west-1 Germany (Frankfurt) Frankfurt eu-central-1
- Middle East and India
Region name City Region ID UAE (Dubai) Dubai me-east-1 India (Mumbai) Mumbai ap-south-1