This topic describes the limits that apply when you use Alibaba Cloud Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) clusters.
- After a Kubernetes cluster is created, the following limits apply:
- You cannot change the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network.
- You cannot change the cluster type. For example, you cannot change a dedicated cluster to a managed cluster.
- You cannot change the network plug-in.
- You cannot change the volume plug-in.
- You cannot migrate applications across namespaces.
- To create an ACK cluster, Internet access is required to call API operations. You must select the Configure SNAT for VPC check box when you create a dedicated or managed ACK cluster.
- Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances support both the pay-as-you-go and subscription billing methods. You can change the billing method of ECS instances from pay-as-you-go to subscription in the ECS console. Other resources, such as Server Load Balancer (SLB) instances, support only the pay-as-you-go billing method.
- Operations such as cluster creation, expansion, and auto scaling are subject to resource quota limits and inventory availability. You may fail to create nodes if the resource quota or inventory is insufficient.
- If you want to create subscription instances when you create a cluster, instance creation may fail due to resource quota limits and inventory availability. After a subscription instance is created, you cannot release it before the subscription expires. To avoid these issues, we recommend that you create pay-as-you-go instances. You can change the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription in the ECS console.
- ECS instance specifications: more than 1 vCPUs and larger than 2 GiB of memory.
Quota limits on ACK
|Item||Limit||Quota increase method|
|Real-name verification||Real-name verification||N/A|
|Create pay-as-you-go instances||None||None|
|Total number of ACK clusters and managed ACK clusters under an account.||50 to 2,000|
|Total number of master nodes and worker nodes in a cluster.||100 to 5,000|
|Maximum number of pods on a worker node.||Configurable value. Maximum: 256.||N/A|
|Total number of serverless Kubernetes (ASK) clusters under an account.||2|
Quota limits on underlying cloud resources
|Resource||Item||Limit||Quota increase method|
|Computing resource||Alibaba Cloud Resource Orchestration Service (ROS) quota||Default Value: 100|
|Total vCPU quota of pay-as-you-go instances||500 vCPUs|
|High-specification pay-as-you-go instances (more than 16 vCPUs)||Not available for purchase. Only pay-as-you-go instances with less than 16 vCPUs can be purchased.|
|Total vCPU quota of preemptible instances||800 vCPUs|
|Change from pay-as-you-go to subscription||Not supported by the following instance families: t1, s1, s2, s3, c1, c2, m1, m2, n1, n2, and e3.|
|Maximum number of ECS instances managed by a scaling group||No more than 2,000|
|Network modes||Maximum number of custom route entries in a route table||48|
|Maximum number of VSwitches in a VPC network||24|
|Maximum number of VPC networks||10|
|Maximum number of internal IP addresses in a VPC network||65,535||N/A|
|Maximum number of IP addresses attached to a basic security group||2,000||N/A|
|Maximum number of Elastic Network Interfaces (ENIs)||50,000||N/A|
|Maximum number of Elastic IP addresses||20|
|Server Load Balancer||The maximum number of SLB instances under an account.||60|
|Maximum number of backend servers attached to an SLB instance.||200||N/A|
|Maximum number of listeners of an SLB instance.||50|
|Maximum number of times that an ECS instance can be repeatedly added as a backend server to SLB instances||50||N/A|
|Block Storage||Maximum number of pay-as-you-go cloud disks across all regions under an account.||Number of ECS instances across all regions × 5. You can create a minimum of 10 pay-as-you-go cloud disks under an account.|
|Maximum capacity of pay-as-you-go cloud disks that are used as data disks under an account.||Subject to ECS resource usage, regions, and disk types. You can go to the Privileges & Quotas page in the ECS console to view details. For more information, see View quotas (old version).|
The following table lists the regions where ACK is available.
- Asia Pacific
Region City Region ID China (Beijing) Beijing cn-beijing China (Zhangjiakou-Beijing Winter Olympics) Zhangjiakou cn-zhangjiakou China (Hohhot) Hohhot cn-huhehaote China (Hangzhou) Hangzhou cn-hangzhou China (Shanghai) Shanghai cn-shanghai China (Shenzhen) Shenzhen cn-shenzhen China (Chengdu) Chengdu cn-chengdu China (Hong Kong) Hong Kong cn-hongkong Japan (Tokyo) Tokyo ap-northeast-1 Singapore Singapore ap-southeast-1 Australia (Sydney) Sydney ap-southeast-2 Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) Kuala Lumpur ap-southeast-3 Indonesia (Jakarta) Jakarta ap-southeast-5
- Europe & Americas
Region City Region ID US (Silicon Valley) Silicon Valley us-west-1 US (Virginia) Virginia us-east-1 UK (London) London eu-west-1 Germany (Frankfurt) Frankfurt eu-central-1
- Middle East & India
Region City Region ID UAE (Dubai) Dubai me-east-1 India (Mumbai) Mumbai ap-south-1