This topic describes the limits on Alibaba Cloud Container Service for Kubernetes product features and service performance, and also provides the method to apply for a higher quota.
- After a VPC is set for the cluster, it cannot be replaced with another VPC.
- The Kubernetes cluster cannot be converted from the singe-zone type to the multi-zone type.
- The Kubernetes cluster cannot be converted from a dedicated to a managed Kubernetes cluster type.
- No Internet Server Load Balancer (SLB) instance can be set for the cluster.
Note To expose the API server of a Kubernetes cluster to the Internet, you must set an Internet SLB instance when you set parameters for the cluster creation.
- No CloudMonitor plugin can be installed for the cluster.
Note A CloudMonitor plugin can be installed for the cluster only when you set parameters for the cluster creation.
- The network plugins of containers cannot be changed, otherwise the Kubernetes cluster cannot function properly.
- An application that is created in a Kubernetes cluster cannot be migrated across different namespaces.
- The Alibaba Cloud Container Service for Kubernetes accesses the Internet through an API when a Kubernetes cluster is created. For this to function properly, you must set a NAT gateway to create a Kubernetes cluster. This is applicable to both dedicated and managed Kubernetes clusters.
- ECS instances created for a Kubernetes cluster support both the Pay-As-You-Go and Subscription billing methods. You can change the billing method of an instance in the ECS console. However, other cluster resources (for example, an SLB instance) only support the Pay-As-You-Go billing method.
- According to the ROS rule, automatic cluster scaling only removes nodes that you added through scaling out the cluster. Automatic cluster scaling does not remove the nodes that were added at the time which you created the cluster, or the nodes that you added to the cluster after you created the cluster. Nodes are removed from the cluster in the sequence that they were added when the cluster was scaled out.
Kubernetes cluster quotas
The following table details further limits of the Container Service for Kubternetes and states whether you can open a ticket to request changing the limits.
|Item||Limit||Can I open a ticket to change the limit?|
|The maximum number of dedicated Kubernetes clusters and managed Kubernetes clusters that one Alibaba Cloud account can create.||10||Yes|
|The maximum number of nodes (including both Master nodes and Worker nodes) in one Kubernetes cluster.||40||Yes|
|The maximum number of container instances that can be created on one Worker node.||256||No|
|The maximum number of serverless Kubernetes clusters that one Alibaba Cloud account can create.||2||Yes|
|The maximum number of container instances that can be created in one serverless Kubernetes cluster.||300||Yes|