- Provides the following three types of Kubernetes clusters: dedicated clusters, managed clusters, and serverless clusters.
- By default, a managed ACK cluster contains three master nodes that are deployed in three zones to ensure high availability.
- An ACK cluster can contain thousands of ECS nodes. For more information about the quota of nodes, see Quota limits.
- Cross-zone clusters and registered external Kubernetes clusters are supported. For more information about registered external Kubernetes clusters, see Overview of registered clusters.
|Elastic resource scaling
- Automatically scales the number of containers based on container resource usage.
- Scales up to thousands of nodes in minutes.
- If your application is deployed on elastic container instances (ECIs) in a serverless Kubernetes cluster, up to 500 pods can be started in 30 seconds.
- Supports vertical scaling with a few clicks.
- Supports affinity policies and scale-out for your services.
- Provides standard Horizontal Pod Autoscaler (HPA), Vertical Pod Autoscaler (VPA), and Cluster Autoscaler capabilities provided by the Kubernetes community.
- Provides the scheduled scaling capability similar to cron HPA and provides serverless scalability by using virtual-kubelet-autoscaler.
- Uses ack-kubernetes-elastic-workload to provide fine-grained scheduling for online business.
- Provides alibaba-metrics-adapter to meet different scaling needs. Application scaling is optimized by using ingress gateways, Sentinel-based microservice rate limiting, and other methods.
|All-in-one container management
- Application management:
- Supports phased release, blue-green release, application monitoring, and application autoscaling.
- Provides a built-in application store that allows you to deploy applications with a few clicks by using Helm.
- Repository (What is Container Registry?):
- Provides high availability and high concurrency of image pull requests.
- Supports accelerated image retrieval.
- Supports large-scale P2P image distribution. By using the optimized image distribution process, ACK can automatically distribute images to a maximum of 10,000 nodes. This improves the distribution efficiency by four times.
Note User-created image repositories may fail to respond when millions of clients attempt to pull images at the same time. Alibaba Cloud Container Registry (ACR) improves the reliability of image repositories and reduces the O&M and upgrade costs.
- Allows you to collect logs and deliver the collected logs to Log Service.
- Supports the integration with third-party open source logging solutions.
- Supports both container-level and VM-level monitoring.
- Supports the integration with open source monitoring solutions from third-party providers.
|Multiple types of nodes
- The following node types are supported:
- x86-based computing resources: ECS instances based on the x86 architecture
- Heterogeneous computing resources: GPU ECS instances, NPU ECS instances, and FPGA ECS instances
- Bare metal computing resources: ECS Bare Metal (EBM) instances
- Serverless computing resources: ACK virtual nodes
- Edge nodes: Alibaba Cloud Container Service for Kubernetes@Edge (ACK@Edge) supports centralized management of cloud and edge nodes and unified application release. It increases the release efficiency by three times.
- The following billing methods are supported:
- Preemptible instances
|Enterprise-level security and stability
||ACK is integrated with a multi-layer security solution that secures cloud-native ACK clusters. This solution protects the underlying infrastructure, intermediate software supply chains, and top-layer runtime environments.
- The end-to-end security solution ensures the security of the following resources:
- Infrastructure: ACK supports comprehensive network isolation and end-to-end data encryption. ACK associates Alibaba Cloud accounts and RAM users with the Kubernetes Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) system. It also provides fine-grained permission management and comprehensive audit capabilities.
- Software supply chains: ACK has a complete DevSecOps process, including image scan, cloud-native delivery chain, image signing, and image synchronization.
- Runtime: ACK provides runtime security capabilities, including security policy management of applications, configuration routine inspection, runtime monitoring and alerting, and key encryption and management.
- Default security capabilities:
- ACK provides optimized OS images of Kubernetes containers and supports Kubernetes clusters and Docker versions that have high stability and enhanced security.
- Enhances the security compliance of cluster configurations, system components, and system images based on the CIS Benchmark and container security best practices.
- Grants minimum permissions on managing default cloud resources on nodes.
- Sandboxed-Container allows you to run an application in a sandboxed and lightweight virtual machine. This virtual machine has a dedicated kernel, isolates applications from each other, and provides enhanced security. Sandboxed-Container is suitable in scenarios such as untrusted application isolation, fault isolation, performance isolation, and load isolation among multiple users.
- TEE-based confidential computing is a cloud-native and all-in-one solution based on Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX). This solution ensures security, integrity, and confidentiality of data in use. It also lowers the costs of developing, delivering, and managing trusted applications and confidential computing applications. Confidential computing allows you to isolate sensitive data and code by using a trusted execution environment.
|24/7 technical support
||Provides you with 24/7 technical support in the ticket system.