This topic describes how to scale in or out an application as required after the application is created.
- Log on to the Container Service console.
- In the left-side navigation pane under Container Service - Kubernetes, choose Clusters > Clusters. The Clusters page appears.
- Click Dashboard in the Actions column for the target cluster to go to the Kubernetes dashboard.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Deployments.
- Click the action icon for the target deployment, and then click Scale.
- In the dialog box that appears, change the value of Desired number of Pods as required. For example, change the value to 2. Then, click OK.
This action adds a new pod. The number of replicas becomes two.
What to do next
The icon on the left side of each Kubernetes object indicates the status of the object. indicates that the object is being deployed. indicates that the object is deployed.
After a deployment is configured, you can click the deployment name to view details of the running web service. You can view the replica sets included in the deployment, and the CPU and memory usage of these replica sets.