You can create an application in the Kubernetes dashboard.
- Log on to the ACK console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters.
- The Clusters page appears. Find the cluster that you want to manage and choose Actions column of the cluster. in the
- On the Overview page, click CREATE in the upper-right corner of the page.
- On the Create Resource page, configure the application that you want to create.
You can use one of the following methods to create the application:
- CREATE FROM TEXT INPUT: Enter the orchestration code in the YAML or JSON format to create an application. You must understand the required orchestration format. The following sample code shows the YAML template.
- CREATE FROM FILE: Upload an existing YAML or JSON configuration file to create an application.
- CREATE AN APP: Complete the following configurations to create an application.
Parameter Description App name The name of the application. In this example,
Container image The URL of the image. In this example, a Docker NGINX image is used. Number of pods The number of pods that are included in the application. Service Valid values: External and Internal.
- External specifies a service that can be accessed from outside the cluster.
- Internal specifies that a service that can be accessed from within the cluster.
Advanced options Click SHOW ADVANCED OPTIONS to configure advanced settings such as labels and environment variables. These settings are used to balance network traffic that is distributed to three pods.
- Click UPLOAD or DEPLOY to deploy the pods and services.
You can also click SHOW ADVANCED OPTIONS to configure other parameters.
What to do next
After you click UPLOAD or DEPLOY, you can view the services and containers of the application.