This topic describes how to create an Internet Server Load Balancer (SLB) instance. After an Internet SLB instance is created, a public IP address is allocated to the instance and you can resolve a domain name to this address.
- Log on to the SLB console.
- On the Server Load Balancer page, click Create SLB instance.
- Configure the SLB instance. For more information, see Create an SLB instance.
In this example, configure the SLB instance as follows:
- Region: SLB does not support cross-region deployment. The region of the SLB instance must be the same as that of ECS instances. In this example, select China (Hangzhou).
- Zone Type: Multiple zones have been deployed in most regions for better disaster tolerance.
SLB can switch to the secondary zone to provide the load balancing service when the
primary zone is unavailable, and will automatically switch back to the primary zone
when the primary zone is recovered.
In this example, select China East 1 Zone B as the primary zone, and China East 1 Zone D as the secondary zone.
- Instance Type: Select Internet.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment.
- Go back to the SLB console.
- To edit the instance name, select the China (Hangzhou) region on the Server Load Balancer page. Rest the pointer near the name of the created instance and then click the pencil
icon. Enter a name, for example, SLB1 and click OK.
- Optional: You can resolve a domain name to the public IP address of the SLB instance. For more information, see Resolve a domain name.