If an SLB instance is no longer needed, you can release the instance to save costs. The backend ECS instances will not be deleted or affected after you delete an SLB instance.
- If you have resolved a domain name to the IP address of the SLB instance that you want to delete, resolve the domain name to the IP address of another SLB instance in advance to avoid service interruption.
- Only pay-as-you-go SLB instances can be released. Subscription SLB instances are automatically released if their subscriptions are not renewed upon expiration.
- After an SLB instance is released, the backend ECS instances that are added to the SLB instance continue running. You can release backend ECS instances that are no longer needed.
- Log on to the Server Load Balancer console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Instances page, find the instance and click in the Actions column, or select the instance and click Release at the lower part of the page.
- In the Release dialog box, select Release Now or Release on Schedule.
If you select Release on Schedule, you must set a release time.Note The system performs release operations at 30-minute and hour marks. However, billing for the SLB instance is stopped at the specified release time.
- Click Next.
- Click OK to release the SLB instance.
Note Pay-as-you-go SLB instances cannot be restored once deleted. We recommend that you exercise caution when you release SLB instances.