This topic describes how to release an SLB instance. You can release an SLB instance when you no longer need it to avoid accumulating unnecessary charges. Releasing an SLB instance will not affect the operation of the backend ECS instances.
- If you have resolved a domain name to the IP address of the SLB instance that you want to delete, resolve the domain name to the IP address of another SLB instance in advance to avoid service interruption.
- Only pay-as-you-go SLB instances can be released. Subscription SLB instances are automatically released if their subscriptions are not renewed upon expiration.
- After an SLB instance is released, the backend ECS instances that are added to the SLB instance continue running. You can release backend ECS instances that are no longer needed.
- Log on to the SLB console.
- On the Server Load Balancers page, select the region of the target SLB instance.
- Find and select the target SLB instance and click Release at the bottom of the list. You can also choose in the Actions column.
- In the Release dialog box, select Release Now or Release on Schedule.
If you select Release on Schedule, you must set a release time.Note The system performs release operations at 30-minute and hour marks. However, billing for the SLB instance is stopped at the specified release time.
- Click Next.
- Click OK.Note Pay-as-you-go SLB instances cannot be restored once deleted. We recommend that you exercise caution when you release SLB instances.