This topic describes how to enable the alerting feature for your Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster. This feature is provided by CloudMonitor. After this feature is enabled, alert rules are created to detect errors, such as abnormal cluster status, high disk usage (greater than 75%), and high JVM heap memory usage (greater than 85%). These rules apply to all Elasticsearch clusters under your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Elasticsearch Clusters. On the Clusters page, click Alarms.
- In the Alarms message, click Enable Now. The Elasticsearch alerting feature is disabled by default.
- In the CloudMonitor console, turn on the Initiative Alarm switch for Elasticsearch.
- Go to the Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch console to check whether Alarms is enabled.
- On the Clusters page, find the target cluster and click its ID in the Cluster ID/Name column.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the cluster details page, click Cluster Monitoring.
- In the Cluster Alarms section, check the status of Alarms.
If the status of Alarms is Enable, you have enabled the Elasticsearch alerting feature.