This topic describes how to create a Server Load Balancer (SLB) instance.
The required instance type, instance region, network type, and listener protocol are known. The environment is prepared. For more information, see Before you begin.
- Log on to the SLB console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Create Instance., and click
- Configure the SLB instance according to the following information.
Configuration Description Region
Select the region to which the SLB instance belongs.Note Make sure that the region of the SLB instance is the same as that of backend ECS instances.
Zone Type The zone type of the selected region is displayed. The zone of a cloud instance refers to a set of independent infrastructure and is usually represented by data centers. Different zones have independent infrastructure (network, power supply, air-conditioning and so on). Therefore, an infrastructure fault in one zone does not affect other zones. A zone belongs to a specific region. A single region may have one or more zones. SLB has deployed multiple zones in most regions.
- Single zone: The SLB instance is deployed only in one zone.
- Multi-zone: The SLB instance is deployed in two zones. By default, the primary zone is used. If the primary zone is faulty, the secondary zone automatically takes over the load balancing service.
Primary Zone Select the primary zone for the SLB instance. The primary zone carries traffic in normal conditions. Backup Zone Select the secondary zone for the SLB instance. The secondary zone only takes over traffic when the primary zone is unavailable. Instance name Enter a name for the SLB instance to be created.
The name must be 1 to 80 characters in length and can contain letters, numbers, hyphens (-), slashes (/), periods (.), and underscores (_).
Resource Group The resource group to which the SLB instance to be created belongs. Instance Spec
Select a performance specification for the instance.
The performance varies by specification. For more information, see SLB instance overview.
Instance Type Select the instance type based on your business needs. A public or a private IP address is allocated to the SLB instance based on the instance type. For more information, see SLB instance overview.
- Internet: A public-facing SLB instance is created. A public IP address is allocated to the SLB instance and you can access the SLB service from the Internet.
- Intranet: An internal SLB instance is created. A private IP address is allocated to the SLB instance and you can access the SLB service only from the internal network.
后端服务器类型 选择负载均衡实例挂载后端服务器类型，本地域表示允许挂载本地域后端服务器。 IP version Select the IP version of the SLB instance, which can be IPv4 or IPv6.Note Currently, IPv6 instances are supported only in the following regions and the instances must be guaranteed-performance instances.
- Zone E and Zone F in the China (Hangzhou) region
- Zone F and Zone G in the China (Beijing) region
- Zone D and Zone E in the China (Shanghai) region
- Zone D and Zone E in the China (Shenzhen) region
- Zone A and Zone B in the China (Zhangjiakou) region
Quantity Select the number of instances to purchase.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment.