You can conveniently integrate the function of Mobile Delivery Service to your client by installing the client SDK provided by the Mobile Delivery Service platform. MDS works as follows:
- Add the corresponding SDK on the client side to integrate MDS capabilities for upgrade package, hotpatch package or offline package.
- Generate version upgrade package, hotpatch package, or offline package by using the mPaaS plugin, and upload the package to the Mobile Delivery Service console.
- Create gray release or official release tasks on the MDS console.
- Then the client pulls the new release package to perform upgrade, hotfix or update offline package.
In addition, you can use the switch configuration service to modify the client-side code processing logic. To do it, you need to add necessary switch configuration items on the Mobile Delivery Service console to implement targeted delivery.
The following chart illustrates the flow of releasing a version upgrade package, hotpatch package or offline package in real time.
You can perform the following operations on the Mobile Delivery Service console:
- Version upgrade packages > Manage releases: Manage and release the configuration of new client version.
- Hotpatch packages > Manage hotpatch: Fix the online bugs directly without releasing a new version.
- Offline packages > Manage offline packages: Package different businesses into different offline packages, and deliver the offline packages through the Mobile Delivery Service platform to update the client-side resources.
- Switch configuration > Manage configurations: Configure, modify or push various switches. You can deliver the packages by platform, whitelist, percentage or other condition.
- Manage whitelists: Manage whitelists so that you can easily create hundreds of thousands of whitelist data for the use in Mobile Delivery Service.
- Manage release rules: Pedefine various configuration data required for Mobile Delivery Service so that you don’t have to manually input the data every time, with work efficiency improved and error rate decreased.