ApsaraDB for Redis allows you to change the endpoints or port numbers of instances. You can change the port number of an instance to improve security. You can also change the endpoint of a new instance to the endpoint of the original instance without the need to reconfigure your application.
After you change the endpoint or port number of an instance, you must update the connection information on your client. This way, the client can connect to the instance by using the new endpoint or port number.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the top navigation bar of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the instance.
- In the Connection Information section, find the connection type that you want to manage and click Modify Public Endpoint in the Actions column.
- In the panel that appears, enter a new endpoint and a new port number.
Parameter Description Endpoint
- You can change only the prefix of the endpoint. By default, the prefix is the instance ID.
- The prefix must be 8 to 64 characters in length, and can contain lowercase letters and digits. It must start with a lowercase letter.
Port When you change the endpoint, you can also change the port number by entering a new port number from 1024 to 65535.
- Click OK.
|ModifyDBInstanceConnectionString||Changes the endpoint and port number of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|