Alibaba Cloud BaaS product series includes Hyperledger Fabric, Ant Blockchain, and Quorum (an enterprise-focused version of Ethereum). This topic describes the features and applicable scenarios of each product series so that you can purchase based on your requirements.
- Purchase process - Hyperledger Fabric: describes the process of purchasing a blockchain service based on Hyperledger Fabric.
- Purchase reference - Hyperledger Fabric: describes the performances and applicable scenarios of instances that are based on Hyperledger Fabric, which helps you purchase based on your requirements.
The BaaS service based on Hyperledger Fabric is commercially available. See the following procedure to apply for the purchase. You can purchase the blockchain network instances based on your business requirements. You can use the BaaS service after you complete the payment.
Before you purchase BaaS resources, you need to apply for the purchase qualification. The procedure is described as follows:
You can go to the Alibaba Cloud BaaS product page and click Buy Now. Fill in the purchase information and complete the purchase. For more information about the product specifications and pricing details, see Specifications and billing methods.
You can also purchase at the console by clicking Purchase consortium/organization resources
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud BaaS console.
- On the Hyperledger Fabric page, click Create Consortium or Create Organization.
- Configure the resource parameters based on your business requirements at the purchase page.
- Region: Choose a region that is close to your business applications.
- Instance parameters: We recommend that you refer to Purchase reference - Hyperledger Fabric and choose the configuration based on your business.
- Duration: The instances of the BaaS service are subscription-based, and you can choose the appropriate purchase period as needed.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment on the payment page.
Blockchain network instances based on Hyperledger Fabric include three specifications: Starter Edition, Basic Edition and Enterprise Edition. The Starter Edition is a test network and owned by a single customer, while the Basic Edition and Enterprise Edition is for building a production network for multiple parties.
The features of the three specifications are shown in the following table.
|Feature||Starter Edition||Basic Edition||Enterprise Edition|
|High availability||Not supported||Supported||Supported|
|Independent CA services||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|CA high-availability services||Not supported||Supported||Supported|
|Join the consortium chain||Not supported||Supported||Supported|
|Join the business channel||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Scalable storage||Not supported||Supported||Supported|
|Cryptographic algorithms recommended by China authorities||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Security SDK||Not supported||Not supported||Supported|
|Anti-DDoS Basic||Not supported||Not supported||Supported |
Advanced protection, please submit a ticket
|SGX on-chip encryption||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported|
|TPS (transactions per second)||No performance data||Maximum: 300 TPS||Maximum: 2,000 TPS|
|Service Level Agreement||Not supported||Supported||Supported|
Scenarios for blockchain network instances of different editions:
|Starter Edition||Provides core functions of the blockchain service to facilitate a quick blockchain deployment||Testing trial of the product or build a system for proof of business.|
|Basic Edition||Provides core functions of the blockchain service and supports basic-level businesses and data operation.||A business system for developers and small or medium-sized enterprises to launch basic businesses.|
|Enterprise Edition||Supports a larger number of business organizations in the consortium chain. Enterprise Edition provides a more powerful processing performance and a higher transaction data throughput rate.||This service provides important business systems for medium or large-sized enterprises. These enterprises have a large number of business participants or high processing requirements.|
Underlying resources for instances of different editions:
|Instance type||Specification||Server specification||The number of servers||Free storage quota|
|Starter Edition||4CPU 8GB||2||50 GB|
|Consortium||Basic Edition||4CPU 8GB||3||100 GB|
|Enterprise Edition||16CPU 31GB||3||500 GB|
|Organization||Basic Edition||4CPU 8GB||3||100 GB|
|Enterprise Edition||16CPU 32GB||3||500 GB|