This article introduces how to create a topic category for a product. Topic categories will be automatically assigned to devices of the product.
- Log on to the IoT Platform console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click
- On the Products page, find the product for which you want to create a topic category, and click View in the operation column.
- On the Product Details page, click .
- Define a topic category.
- Device Operation Authorizations: Indicates the operations that devices can perform on the topics of this topic category. You can select from Publish, Subscribe, and Publish and Subscribe.
- Topic Category: Enter a custom topic category name according to the Topic Rule on the page.
- Description: Describes the topic category. You can leave this box empty.
- Click OK.
Wildcard characters in topic categories
When you create topic categories, you can use wildcards. For more information about wildcards, see What is a topic? Supported wildcards:
#: Includes the category level you enter and all lower levels in topics.
+: Includes only one category level in topics, and not lower levels.
Note When you want to create topic categories with wildcards, note that:
- Only topics with Device Operation Authorizations as Subscription support wildcards.
#can only be at the end of topics.
- For topics with wildcard characters, you cannot click Publish to publish messages on the Topic List tab page of devices.