ApsaraDB for Redis supports password-free access in VPCs to achieve more convenient database connections while ensuring security. To enable password-free access, ensure that ECS instances and ApsaraDB for Redis instances are in the same VPC. This way, the ECS instances can access ApsaraDB for Redis instances without the need to use a password. At the same time, the username and password can also be used to connect to the ApsaraDB for Redis instances.
- The network type of the instance is VPC.
- The client and instance are in the same VPC.
- The whitelist has been set for the instance. To secure access, you cannot add 0.0.0.0/0 to the whitelist to allow any access.
- Public endpoints can be used to access ApsaraDB for Redis 4.0 instances while VPC password-free access
is enabled. In this case, you do not need to use a password to access ApsaraDB for
Redis instances if an internal endpoint is used. However, you still need a password
if a public endpoint is used.
Note If a public endpoint fails to access ApsaraDB for Redis 4.0 instances while VPC password-free access is enabled, upgrade the kernel version, see Upgrade the minor version.
- For ApsaraDB for Redis 2.8 or 5.0 instances, you cannot apply for public endpoints with the password-free access feature enabled. Please disable password-free access before applying for public endpoints.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the upper-left corner of the homepage, select the region where the instance is located.
- On the Instance Information page, click the instance ID, or click Manage in the Actions column corresponding to the instance.
- On the Instance Information page, find the Connection Information section and click Enable Password-free Access.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
To disable password-free access, refresh the Instance Information page until Disable Password-free Access is displayed, then click it. However, applications that use the password-free access function lose connection to databases if this function is disabled.
|ModifyInstanceVpcAuthMode||Enable or disable password-free access.|