The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) requires that domain holder information on WHOIS must be valid and complete. The email address of a domain holder must be valid. Therefore, Alibaba Cloud verifies the email address of every domain holder. If the email address fails verification, the domain name will be in the ClientHold status, and the domain name cannot be resolved correctly. This topic describes how to verify the email address of a domain holder.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Domains console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Email Verification. Enter the email address in the Verify new email address field, and click Submit. A verification message is sent to the email address.
Note You can enter up to 100 email addresses at a time. Enter one email address per row.
- Sign in to your email account to confirm the verification.
Note After you receive the verification email, you must confirm the verification within three days.
- After the email address is verified, its status becomes Verification successful on the Email Verification page.
- You can delete a verified email address. When you delete a verified email address, a verification code is sent to the phone number associated with your Alibaba Cloud account. The verification code is required to confirm the deletion.
- A deleted email address must be verified again by Alibaba Cloud before it can be reused as the email address of a domain holder.
For more information, see FAQ about email verification compliance related to ICANN domain names.