If you have services/functions in China East 1 (Hangzhou), China East 2 (Shanghai), China North 2 (Beijing), and China South 1 (Shenzhen), moreover, you cannot configure VPC access for those services, you must submit a request to migrate your resources. Once the migration is completed, you can learn how to configure VPC access by following VPC access introduction. This migration may affect the function execution. Please review following cases carefully before submitting your requests.
During migration, client may receive intermittent 503 errors for following type of API calls.
After migration, function may run abnormally if it accesses remote resources in following ways:
- Function accesses cloud resources using the intranet endpoint which is different than the VPC endpoint (e.g. Table Store, KMS, Container Registry). After migration, function cannot access those endpoints.
- Fix: Switch to use VPC endpoint if the cloud service provides VPC endpoint (e.g. Table Store), otherwise use Internet endpoint. Note that using Internet endpoint incurs additional charges.
- Function accesses resources running on classic ECS instance using the intranet IP.
- Move the ECS instance to VPC network, and use the Function Compute VPC feature to access the instance.
- Access the classic ECS instance using Internet IP. Note that using Internet endpoint incurs additional charges.
- Function accesses RDS service running in classic network using the intranet IP.
- Move RDS database to VPC network, and use the Function Compute VPC feature to access the database.
- Access the database using the Internet endpoint. Note that using Internet endpoint incurs additional charges.