You can change the billing method of a PolarDB cluster from pay-as-you-go to subscription based on your business requirements.
- Your cluster is in the Running state.
- Your cluster does not have pending orders to change the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription. If pending orders exist, you must pay for or cancel them on the Orders page.
- If a cluster uses specifications that are no longer available such as dedicated specifications of 2 cores and 4 GB memory, you cannot change the billing method to subscription. In this case, you must change the cluster specifications before you change the billing method to subscription. For more information, see Manually change specifications.
The operations in this topic do not affect the running of clusters.
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region where the cluster is deployed.
- Find the cluster for which you want to change the billing method and choose Actions column.
- On the Switch to Subscription page, confirm the cluster information and the Purchase Plan value. Then, read and select PolarDB Terms of Service (Subscription) and click Buy Now.
- The new billing method takes effect after you pay for the order.
- If the order is unpaid or the payment fails, an unfinished order appears on the Orders page. Before you complete the payment, you cannot purchase a new cluster or change the billing method to subscription. In this case, you must pay for or cancel this order.